Haiku + Senryu

Haiku is a seasonal, reverent celebration of a subject (nature or people) trying to make a feeling.
Senryu tends to have a victim and may be humorous or irreverant trying to make a point.
- paraphrased from Michael Dylan Welch's Graceguts

Sunday 17 February 2013

Sugar


A view of cold dawn sea mist some months ago (it is summer now) in my Dromana on the Mornington Peninsula


World of wires and leaves
A sugar dust of dawn light
Visual magic


Linking to:
Haiku Heights ~ Sugar
Straight Out of the Camera Sunday
NatureFootstep Inspiring Photography/Catching the Light

15 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

This is a magical photo, Gemma! Is that really dust I see, or is it an optical illusion?

Wabi Sabi said...

Wow that is some shot! And the trees do look dusted with sugar. Wonderful - haiga!!

Lighthousegal said...

Beautiful photo. Love the sugary glisten in the trees.

cheryl said...

"a sugar dust of dawn light" beautiful imagery Gemma !

Maliny said...

the picture perfectly compliments the haiku ! brilliant craft :)

Hazel said...

Sugar dust reminds me of my pomegranate martini.

I'm with MMT - it's a magical photo. I stared at it for a full minute, and what a magical minute. Thanks.

DougPhoto2009 said...

Haiku captures the essence of the photo. Well done.

TwD said...

Bravo!
Text and photo - the extreme match.
It's interesting blog. I like haiku's too but I'm not sure I can write them in English :)
BTW, my post is also about wires but not that mystic at all.

NatureFootstep said...

Gemma, this is a wonderful shot. Why not post it tomorrow in my
Inspiring photography/Catching the light meme?

nfmemes.blogspot.com

I would love to see it there.

Susan said...

The pic, the haiku--they could live without each other, but they sure are great together. Thank you. We all look for that dawn after the darkness.

Reading Pleasure said...

lovely haiku

Anonymous said...

I don't know which I like better~the photo or the poem. They are both just amazing!

Reshma said...

Wonderfully woven words that compliment the image!!

Jidhu Jose said...

awesome lighting

alice keys said...

Amazing picture and lovely spin on sugar. Off the beaten path. I like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...